Drongiri Sidh-Kshetra is a very pious and serene pilgrim of Bundelkhand region. This great pilgrim is famous because of the hill. Large no of, huge jain temples along with large cave where Muni Gurudatta achieved enlightenment, are situated on the hill. The hill is located at about 400 m away from the inns in the village. It’s a crescents mountain range, covered with evergreen flora. A calm river flows in front of hill. Here the devotee’s wash their hands and legs before visiting the sacred place. At a small distance away is the entrance gate for the holy hill. After climbing 200 stairs, one can reach the holy hill. Walls bound the stairs on both the sides to guide devotees. As soon as the devotees reach the holy hill, crossing the ups, the scene below recalls that of Shikhar ji (Bihar). The bird’s eye view of land by the visitor takes him to heaven. The beauty of the place makes him to forget every thing. His heart utters words, to create some poetic deeds.
The Vandana being from the “Varni Savadhiyaya temple” All the jain temples located in the mountain range is divided in 5 major hills called as “Tonk”.
First Tonk – At the very beginning of this Tonk “Glance of Bharat Tirth Darshan” is situated which attracts the visitors, though the work is under construction.
Kanch Ka Mandir – The very first jain temple of the first Tonk is famous as “Kanch Ka Mandir (Glass temple). The crafty sculptor had decorated it with beautiful images. The Dharma Vriksha (Tree) & a lot more of the knowledge provoking figures had been in carved in it. Among there is a 21.4 feet long statue of Lord Parshvanath in padmasana., which attracts everyone, installed in 1938. This statue of Lord Parsvanath is affixed in a glass case. A Multi reflection that glitters from the statue makes the visitor freezed. This is a wonderful glass temple of India.
Jinalaya No 3 – Installed in 1918 AD , 2 feet 6 inches long deep black statue of Lord Parshvanath with thousand funr (the expanded hood of snake) miracle power and beauty to the both side of this statue is present two “Sarp-Raj” which is very rare of its kind visitors from every corner of the country feel the pride and grace after praying here.
Jinalaya No 4 - Installed in 1918 AD, it has as 31.4 inches long statue of Sri Adinatha Swami the very first Tirthankara. This deep black statue made of stone is so calm that it makes visitors to have good meditation time here.
Jinalaya No 6 - This is the last but not the least temple of this hill . Its facing towards east so the early rays of arising sun falls on the image of Sri Chandra Prabhu Swami, Its installed in 1892 AD. Similar to the holy statue of the great pilgrim, Tijaraji (Rajsthan). This too is a 1 feet 10 inches large statue in white. Lord Chandra Prabhu Swami has been in craved in padmashana.
Upsarg Sthali – In front of Jinalaya No 7 is situated the Upsarg land of Acharya Sri 108 Shanti Sagar ji. In 1929 the first jain acharya”(head of jain muni’s) Sri Shanti Sagar ji arrived here. He did his meditation & self practice to achieve enlightenment. Sitting in padmasan , he self practiced for the whole night & came down in the morning at 8 . One day when the sage had not came down on time then the disciples climb the mountain with eagerness & anxiety. Going a little, they had a glance of Acharya Sri .
People asked him in fret about his failure in getting down in morning. They told about a lion that lives in the mountain they were worried because of which. With a grin on his chic, Acharya Sri replied that the lion came in the evening during every day prayer (Samayik) & spends the whole night with Muni Sri. In the morning as soon as his prayer finished the lion left away paying its regards in the feet of Acharya Sri. This miracle of Acharya Sri is in carved here as a memorandum of his greatness & concentration.
Diksha Sthali – The present jain Acharya Sant Shiromani 108 Acharya Sri Vidya Sagar ji spent some of his time here. In 1980 after his winter stay he had given very first Diksha to Muni Sri Samay Sagar ji Maharaj. Sri Samay Sagar ji Maharaj had the honor of first disciple of Sri Vidya Sagar ji Maharaj . In the great memory of this auspicious Diksha ceremony , a garden named “Diksha-Van” is under construction . Such garden is one of its own kind in the whole world.
Charan Chinha – On the parikrama path is situated the holy footprints of Acharya Sri Veer Sagar ji Maharaj . Sri Shiv Sagar ji Maharaj, Sri Gyan Sagar ji Maharaj. The disciples coming over his sacred land bestow his head on these foot prints & feel the pride & competent.
Scecond Hill – This hill begins with a temple, peculiarly named as ‘Saas- Bahu Mandir’ This name has been framed as too ideal pair of Saas & Bahu had donated for the construction of this temple. The temple located in parikrama path is still under construction.
Rasoin bai ki marhiya – Only the life of those who had generously donated the money earned by hard work & honesty is worth living. The lady started working at a very minimum salary of Rs 5 per month, she devoted her self for this pilgrim. So she had not only donated the money but also serve the pilgrim with her services. In the memory of her great attempt a jain temple is built on the 2 nd hill.
The Third hill – After getting down from “Dhayan Gufa” of 2nd hill one can reach here. Panoramic view here with wild flora & fauna makes it a heaven. This impassive & fortunate land is filled with chanting of birds. Here thousands of persons sacrificed their lives to come out from the Jivan- Mritu Fantacy & had created this holy land. One can feel the harmony & peace of mind merely by sitting on this impassive land.
The fourth Hill – Passing near the vicinity of Dhayan Gufa (Meditation cave) one forget the tranquilities of the world & go ahead on the Shanti path. Traveling on the way to peace. One always goes towards the direction of such an impassive land like Drongiri. This natural meditation area is most suitable for self-meditation & self-restraint.
Nirvana Gufa – (Cava of enlightenment)
The king of Hastinapur, Guru Dutta, felt the mortality of the world & desired to get the eternal joy he got up here & had started his meditation. Sri Gurudatta Maharaj sat here to destroy Jivan Mritu process. On the basis of the Karma he earned in his last birth , his foe came & closed the cave with a large rock & set fire to it.
As the fire spread, Muni Raj’s body begin to burn, still he continued in his self meditation, because of this virtue and the pureness of his thoughts, he got Kavalya Gyan. There after this holy land of Drongiri is known as Sidhakshetra. The pride of this land, is the cave where the pious & great character of Muni Guru Datta make every one to visit it. Statue of great Muni Guru Datta is situated in the temple.
Museum – Near the cave is located an 8 feet long statue held on 5 feet large surmount of Muni Raj Sri Sukumal & Sukaushal Swami. Its one of its kind in India, made of domestic stone. Their whole life story in encrypted here.
The art of sculptor is really worth praising. This museum had a number of very ancient statues. Made up of domestic stone & jaipuri stone. The statues are so realistic as if they will start speaking just now.
The fifth hill – After visiting Nirvan Gufa and the museum visitor can reach the fifth hill. The first jinalaya is of Sri Parshvanath Swami. Bestowing on his feet one can have panoramic view of near by village, farms, rivers, etc.
Maan-Stambha –(Pillar of Dignity) - On the hill is located a Pillar of Dignity or Maan-Stambha, unique of its kind in the world, made up of domestic stone, belonging to the forth era. All the 24 Tirthankara of the 3 eras - past , present & future is in carved on the pillar.
Near the foot of the pillar is located – in east two Indras with their hands in position of prayer,
towards south is Shi Padmavathi Mata , towards west is Kshetra pal Swami and towards north is the disciples of jainisim.
This ancient creation and polish make one to think about the historicity of the Drongiri .
Meru Mandir – It’s One of the most remarkable element of Drongiri . The older version has been restored and a new version which is more beautiful than the earlier one is constructed.
Granite Parisar – Disciples had generously devoted for the restoration of Sri Parashvanath , Sri Mahaveer and Sri Suparashvanath temple. The Granite Parisar attracts the attention of visitors because of it’s beauty.
Barde Baba ka Mandir – It’s the oldest of all the temples of Shi Drongiri Ji . Installed in 1548 AD a 2 feet , 6 inches white statue of Sri Aadinath Swami is present here. This statue in padmashana is very elegant and is called as “Barde Baba “ by people.
People offer coconuts and pray for full filment of their wish. Because of its historicity and elegancy in 1992 thousands of disciples offer Maha-Mastaka-Abhisheka, on a newly constructed “Panduk - Shila” during the great ceremony of “Indra- Dhawaj Mandal Vidhan”.
Atari Ka Mandir – Near the temple of “Bare baba “After climbing 15 stairs is located the hightest jinalaya . Bhagwan Aadinath Swami is situated in padmasana . The harmony and serenity attracts the visitors here.
Sri Shanti Nath Jinalaya - After coming from Atari Mandir one gets attracted towards the Shanty -Nath jinalaya at a glance. The wheatish colored statue of Bhagwan Shanti -Nath Swami sitting in padmasana , is a very rare statue. The wonderful patterns of glasses on the walls of jinalaya increase beauty multifold.
Mahaveer Jinalaya- Here the historic image of Sri Parshavanath Swami installed in 1545 AD is present along with two statues – one of Sri Mahaveeera Swami & the another of Sri Parashvanath Swami . In yester years lightening falls on the temple, a miracle is that none of the statue of the temple get affected or damaged by it. Only the one-inch portion of surmount got damaged.
Parashv-Nath Jinalaya - The almond colored elegant 3 feet 3 inches large statue of Sri Parashvanath Swami is installed here. The renunciation reflected from this statue with thousands hood of snakes is rare. It’s successfully directed the disciples towards disownment.
Sri Chandra Prabhu Jinalaya – This is very last but not the least temple of this hill with 2.4 feet white colored, statue of Sri Chandra Prabhu Bhagwan sitting in padmasana. Disciples offer prayer from the very morning everyday.
Savadhaya Bhawan – After visiting all the temples, footprints & caves visitor can sit here and go through the timeless, story of Acharya. Reading or listening to their great worlds from ‘Jinvani” one can do self-meditation.
Thereafter all the visitors can have their meal , hygienically cooked here . Again after paying one’s tribute to this holy land and enjoying the natural beauty here one returned to the main gate . Towards the east is located at some distance. ”Prachin Chidanand Kutee” named after the great Saint Sri Chidanand of Bundelkhand.
Because of the efforts of devotees, water from the handpump located in valley is taken through pipe, the water coming out seems as any small river and a beautiful water falls . This water is used for “Sidharth Sarover” (Under construction) and for providing water to the flora above.
Chaubisi jinalaya - From one age to another, the two rivers Chandra bhagh and Shiyamali blessed this holy land with its cool and clear water. The rivers tell the harmony, historicity and the holiness of this sacred land. Plenty of person came here to get purity of the heart. In the beautiful coastal area of these rivers are constructed 24 jain temples of 24 Tirthankaras. Looking this unique formation visitors rewarded, This vast place as the no 1 in India . In 1967, Minister Babu Sri Balchandra ji Maliya gave direction for construction of Chaubisi . Foundation of the unique Chaubisi was laid in his able direction in the vast land of 16.3 feet.
The original statue of Bhagwan Adinath which is 5.2 feet large. White colored in padmasana is having special divine power.
Praying this statue provides a lot of happiness and peace to the visitors. In addition the standing statue in Khargasana of lord Mahaveera and Bahubali Swami tell about the disownment and eternity. Many time people here can heard the symphony of musical instruments in the night.
Copyrights@2002 by Shri 1008 Digamber jain siddhakshetra Drongiri Trust , Distt Chhatarpur M.P.(india).